Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Theater of Digital Art (ToDA) and Generative Gallery are delighted to bring a multidimensional art exhibit that represents the make-believe world to the Dubai gallery space from 23rd November 2021. For the first time in Dubai, ToDA and Generative Gallery will also present a unique immersive, non-fungible (NFT) token experience with seven international modern artists at the .dreams exhibition, held at the Art Theater digital at Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai.
The dazzling exhibit will feature immersive works of art taking visitors on a revolutionary journey into a world of visual dimension, similar to the limbic system, which processes emotions and memories during sleep. Co-organized by ToDA and Generative Gallery, visitors can see the digital art of the future with an incredible ocean of color.
Daria Prodaevich, Artistic Director at ToDA commented, “Art has crossed all borders because it is one of the few things where the viewer can only define meaning, like that of a dream. With Generative Gallery, we are delighted to be able to introduce breakthroughs in digital art, enabling international artists to create pieces that can now be seen and enjoyed around the world â.
At the same time, visitors to the .dreams exhibition will experience a wide selection of modernized NFT art with unique physical and digital works, which guests can purchase in crypto or on a card with little more than a swipe. of smartphone.
The non-fungible token (NFT) has become a buzzword in digital art, with new forms of supply and demand emerging in the UAE alongside online platforms as a news product. technologies. These types of NFT artwork provide modern ways for people to view, buy and sell digital artwork and can be worth millions of dollars.
“For the .dreams exhibition, we have created a special limited edition of the NFT series. The works of Aizek, AUJIK, Daniel Rossa, LÃ¡szlÃ³ Bordos have been transformed into physical objects so that you can live part of the experience with you. Each work’s edition is 20 copies, and by purchasing the item you get both the artwork in a beautiful bespoke frame and the NFT becoming a crypto-collector, ” congratulated IvanNefedkin, founder of Generative Gallery.
The main program will feature digital works by seven international media artists:
- LÃ¡szlÃ³ Zsolt Bordos is a 3D and multimedia artist living in Budapest, Hungary. In 2000 he started showing his abstract 3D animations as a VJ, performing in Budapest’s underground party culture. With his debut in 3D-vjing (2001-2004), his participation in large-scale architectural slide shows (2002-2005) and his outrageous video projections and 3D mapping projects (2006-present), he became a pioneer of the kind.
- MAOTIK, is a French digital artist who focuses on immersive experiences, interactive installations and audiovisual performances. Known for his immersive dome performances, Maotik designs his own audiovisual tools, generating real-time visual content from algorithms and creating 3D worlds to transform perceptions of space.
- Francois QuÃ©villon is an artist from Montreal (Canada) who explores the phenomena of the world and of perception through the implementation of processes sensitive to their fluctuations and contextual elements. His work addresses planetary changes as well as those affecting contemporary media, such as the relationships between algorithms and images. He studies how technology changes human cognition, culture, the environment, our relationships to space, time and to each other.
- Kohui is a media artist based in Korea. Her work presents new perspectives through the fusion of sight and sound, striving to bring the sensory experience into play through various approaches in virtual environments. His work focuses in particular on the generation of landscapes in algorithmic processes inspired by natural phenomena while also considering the relationship between sound and humans, society and nature.
- Daniel Rossa is a media artist based in Germany. Recreating the links between the digital world and existing reality is the main focus of his work – motivated by the need to bring virtual and real reality together in a physical and immediate aesthetic experience.
- AUJIK, alias Stefan Larsson, born in Sweden, lives and works in Otsu, Japan. AUJIK’s multimedia works have been presented in galleries, museums and festivals around the world, including Prix Ars Electronica, SIGGRAPH Asia, CMoDA Beijing, Japan Media Arts Festival, Beijing Contemporary Art Expo 2021. AUJIK works with animation by computer, augmented reality, virtual reality, photography, clothing, painting, music and installations.
- Aizek – is a media artist from St. Petersburg, Russia. He works in the fields of live audiovisual performance with an immersive installation approach. In particular, his works explore the space between digital and physical entities by creating a hybrid relationship between media arts and artificial life.
The exhibition will include 3 unique art areas. The main area will feature 40 minutes of immersive digital art content taking visitors to a different world. The second zone will allow viewers to immerse themselves in the space of dreams by providing additional information about the exhibition with exclusive artist interviews as well as information about NFT, including a limited edition of infinity objects with NFT frames, available for purchase. And the last room will showcase unique works of art from other artists.
For more information on the .dreams exhibition, visit https://toda.ae/en/ or follow social media: @todadubai (Instagram), Theater of Digital Art Dubai (Facebook).
Â© Press release 2021