As another year comes to an end I thought I would compile a round up of stuff that’s floated my way over the past few days.
- A truly fascinating post by Luke Wroblewski on how tablets and other mobile devices impacts our reading patterns. The twice daily commute contributes to a significant spike in online news consumption. The secondly trend is how mobile consumers of LinkedIn peak at the end of the working day as they contemplate moving on after a tough day at work.
- Simple ideas can be obscured by bigger more expensive ideas according to Ogilvy’s Rory Sutherland in this TedTalk.
- Echoing some of my more recent thoughts (here, here, here), Peter Thiel has written a thoughtfulÂ piece on creativity, risk, innovation and entrepreneurism
- I’m a big fan of Steven Johnson’s Where Good Ideas Come From. He’s written some thoughts about how ideas are inherently social in nature here.
- Finally for irreverent and seasonal fun check out The Art of Â Dancing video advent calendar.